Dragon's Crown |OT| -- NOW AVAILABLE! Hands-On Impressions Inside!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Foolz3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#101 Foolz3h
Member since 2006 • 23739 Posts

[QUOTE="Foolz3h"]

[QUOTE="SteelAttack"]

No, I don't. It takes a tad more than a big set of breasts in a videogame character design to offend me. Besides, when you take the design in its proper context, you realize how much work has been put into the creation of something like this beyond the "huh, boobs" impression.

SteelAttack

Yep, you're right. It's amazing how much work can go into something that looks so crap. :P

This could end up surpassing SFIV as the ugliest game of the generation...though I must say (just like SFIV) it looks pretty good in motion.

Really? I find it to be great looking, but I'm sure your judgement on art and aesthetics far surpasses the one of a layman like myself, so I'll take your word for it.

It's nice when the little people know thier place. :)

homegirl2180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#102 homegirl2180
Member since 2004 • 7161 Posts
It's obviously tongue-in-cheek. Her staff is wedged between her butt and she's pushing a skull into her boobs for goodness' sake! I think they're trying to be funny, but probably also appeal to those who don't get it.
Phantom_Leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#103 Phantom_Leo
Member since 2002 • 7090 Posts

It's obviously tongue-in-cheek.homegirl2180

I'd say it's more staff-in-crack...

iDefinition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#104 iDefinition
Member since 2009 • 388 Posts
[QUOTE="rragnaar"]Oddly enough, I'm just happy to see some art out of Japan that features a fully developed woman, rather than some barely pubescent schoolgirl in danger of getting assaulted by tentacles. I don't find it offensive, I find it to be a step back towards a healthy depiction of sexuality from Japan.capaho
Sadly, too many Japanese high school girls are both sexualized and sexually active. One of Japan's dirty little secrets is that a significant number of high school girls, particularly in the metropolitan areas, prostitue themselves through so called de-ai (meeting) sites to middle-aged office workers as a way to get spending money. It is within that context that we get a steady stream of such images from Japan. For drooling Japanese males, it's a fantasy image that has a high probability of becoming reality. Just the kind of thing you want your own kids exposed to.

What's sad about that? btw why do I never see any problem with extremely muscular guys?
Foolz3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#105 Foolz3h
Member since 2006 • 23739 Posts

[QUOTE="capaho"][QUOTE="rragnaar"]Oddly enough, I'm just happy to see some art out of Japan that features a fully developed woman, rather than some barely pubescent schoolgirl in danger of getting assaulted by tentacles. I don't find it offensive, I find it to be a step back towards a healthy depiction of sexuality from Japan.iDefinition
Sadly, too many Japanese high school girls are both sexualized and sexually active. One of Japan's dirty little secrets is that a significant number of high school girls, particularly in the metropolitan areas, prostitue themselves through so called de-ai (meeting) sites to middle-aged office workers as a way to get spending money. It is within that context that we get a steady stream of such images from Japan. For drooling Japanese males, it's a fantasy image that has a high probability of becoming reality. Just the kind of thing you want your own kids exposed to.

What's sad about that? btw why do I never see any problem with extremely muscular guys?

Because breasts + lips=penis and testicles on a man. Take a look at the Penny Arcade comic for reference.

capaho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#106 capaho
Member since 2003 • 1253 Posts
[QUOTE="iDefinition"]

What's sad about that?

Is that a serious question? Are you asking me what's sad about the sexual exploitation of teenage girls?
iDefinition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 iDefinition
prostitue themselvescapaho
[QUOTE="capaho"] Is that a serious question? Are you asking me what's sad about the sexual exploitation of teenage girls?

huh?
capaho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 capaho
[QUOTE="capaho"]prostitue themselvesiDefinition
[QUOTE="capaho"] Is that a serious question? Are you asking me what's sad about the sexual exploitation of teenage girls?

huh?

What exactly are you confused about?
Buckhannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Buckhannah
Member since 2013 • 715 Posts
No, not really. The bulk of the males are just awkwardly proportioned.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
It's not offensive but it's childish.
gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#111 gamingqueen
Member since 2004 • 31076 Posts

Well it worked. Everyone took notice of the game... everyone... the whole universe has learned about dragon krown now

iDefinition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 iDefinition
[QUOTE="capaho"][QUOTE="iDefinition"][QUOTE="capaho"] [QUOTE="capaho"] Is that a serious question? Are you asking me what's sad about the sexual exploitation of teenage girls?

huh?

What exactly are you confused about?

If they "prostitute themselves" knowingly, then how it is exploitation? Even then, what's so sad about it?
Phantom_Leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Phantom_Leo

Well it worked. Everyone took notice of the game... everyone... the whole universe has learned about dragon krown nowgamingqueen

Avatar image for Grammaton-Cleric
Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Grammaton-Cleric
Member since 2002 • 7515 Posts

Seriously? Fictional virtual characters that do not represent the characteristics of real human gamers qualifies as diversity in games? You completely missed the point of his message.

You may have found a report on gamer demographics, but are the game developers actually developing for the demographics you found? Games certainly look like they're marketed to white adolescent males. I doubt that the graphic in the opening post of this thread is one that would appeal to most healthy, well-adjusted adults.

Seriously? Diabetic Simulator 2013? Sadly, if the insensitivity apparent in your comments reflects that of the majority of gamers, it's no wonder that character development in games continues to lack depth and diversity.

capaho

My point is that gaming is far more diverse in terms of offering varied protagonists than he claimed. If the issue as you suggest is facilitating realism, why become offended by a character who clearly occupies an unrealistic, fantastical construct? The character and game in question are clearly not meant to be a reflection of stark reality and rather occupy dimensions wholly and purposely exaggerated that mesh perfectly with this specific game's aesthetics.

Using this particular character as some metric when gauging the overall alleged insensitivity of the medium is a flawed methodology.

As to the report, I clearly and entirely dismantled his postulation with actual evidence to the contrary. His claim was that the largest demographic playing games was adolescent males and clearly, that was an erroneous and disprovable statement.

The issue of targeted demographics is another matter entirely, though it seems logical that developers and publishers are aware of these numbers, even if BigBooi and you are not. You also continue to traffic in generalities and claim that the vast majority of games are geared towards adolescent males yet, as per usual, you offer not an iota of evidence to back up your blather.

And your insensitivity accusation is simply banal and tedious. My comment was a direct refutation of his arbitrary and poorly-laid argument for diversity which clearly was predicated on nothing more substantial than whimsy. To suggest an obese black child be the central protagonist of a game without some further context or explanation was silly and I made light of that suggestion accordingly.

Kudos though for blaming me personally for the supposed dearth of maturity in this medium. If nothing else you consistently deliver vacuous and unsubstantial drivel bereft of even the slightest hint of logic.

Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Grammaton-Cleric

]Ignore him, he has an absolute hard-on for anything I say, and likes to stalk me and say how wrong I am in every post. I must have screwed him over in a previous life or something. I simply was using random examples for possible characters that are different from the norm. I couldn't give a shit what he "finds amusing" or about his opinions, and wasn't even talking to him in the first place.

Bigboi500

Again, as I've written before, I have no problem with you personally. I don't know you personally.

However, what you wrote about adolescent males being the primary demographic WAS FLATLY WRONG.

And it took me all of sixty seconds to look up the information online.

That's my problem, the so called "hard-on" I have regarding what you post: you don't substantiate your musing and think me the villain for pointing out their flaws, which are copious.

And isn't it adorably ironic that somebody who admonishes an entire medium and those who toil within it as immature can only rebut what I write by using a sexualized reference instead of intelligently responding or even conceding his error?

If you are not prepared to discuss what you write then you are in the wrong place.

Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Grammaton-Cleric

Are you asking me what's sad about the sexual exploitation of teenage girls?capaho

Firstly, who ever claimed she was a teenager?

But of course you are correct, the sexual exploitation of entirely fictional, hand-drawn women is something that must end.

We must also strive for equality as it pertains to men so the next medieval-themed hack-n-slash cannot have muscular, handsome men with washboard abs waylaying enemies.

Perhaps olive-colored oversized T-shirts for everyone?

Bone-dry of course.

Solid_Snake325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#117 Solid_Snake325
Member since 2006 • 6091 Posts
I just don't like that her breasts are so big, makes her look less attractive.
c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#119 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]Solid_Snake325

Helps not to come off as ass yourself when telling someone off.

Solid_Snake325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#120 Solid_Snake325
Member since 2006 • 6091 Posts

[QUOTE="Solid_Snake325"][This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]c_rake

Helps not to come off as ass yourself when telling someone off.

Glad the self-righteous mods are here to help.
c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 c_rakestraw  Moderator

Glad the self-righteous mods are here to help.Solid_Snake325

You're welcome.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44331 Posts
No I don't find that character to be offensive.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 JML897
Wait you can still get modded for being an ass? ...shit
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

]Ignore him, he has an absolute hard-on for anything I say, and likes to stalk me and say how wrong I am in every post. I must have screwed him over in a previous life or something. I simply was using random examples for possible characters that are different from the norm. I couldn't give a shit what he "finds amusing" or about his opinions, and wasn't even talking to him in the first place.

Grammaton-Cleric

Again, as I've written before, I have no problem with you personally. I don't know you personally.

However, what you wrote about adolescent males being the primary demographic WAS FLATLY WRONG.

And it took me all of sixty seconds to look up the information online.

That's my problem, the so called "hard-on" I have regarding what you post: you don't substantiate your musing and think me the villain for pointing out their flaws, which are copious.

And isn't it adorably ironic that somebody who admonishes an entire medium and those who toil within it as immature can only rebut what I write by using a sexualized reference instead of intelligently responding or even conceding his error?

If you are not prepared to discuss what you write then you are in the wrong place.

I'm under no obligation to "substantiate" anything I write, or even respond to you if you're talking about stuff I have no interest in. I don't care who takes me seriously or not, or what others think about my comments, or how I express myself. I have no desire to write out 500+ word responses all the time and over-analyze every little thing, and I'm free to say anything I like as long as it coincides with the ToU and rules of this website.

I've tried getting along with you in the past, making light-heart-ed jokes and tried being jocular, but you're always so damned serious and stone cold. Try using your keen intellect in a way other than besting, belittling and passive-aggressively insulting posters all the time, and lighten up just a little. Learn to accept others who have different mannerism's and thought processes than you do, and don't always expect posters to respond and act as you yourself might.

Hell, I know I have flaws since I'm only human. It's just super obnoxious to follow people around, knit-pick and point out things that aren't perfect. Sometimes people just speak in general about things and don't really care if what was said is exactly 100% accurate and so-on. It's perfectly acceptable to just have a thought about something, type it out and post it regardless if true or not. Who cares? Comments and thoughts on this forum are not government testimony or written law. 

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 c_rakestraw  Moderator

Wait you can still get modded for being an ass? ...shitJML897

Technically, though not very often. We tend to resort to verbal warnings first.

Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Grammaton-Cleric

]I'm under no obligation to "substantiate" anything I write, or even respond to you if you're talking about stuff I have no interest in. I don't care who takes me seriously or not, or what others think about my comments, or how I express myself. I have no desire to write out 500+ word responses all the time and over-analyze every little thing, and I'm free to say anything I like as long as it coincides with the ToU and rules of this website.

I've tried getting along with you in the past, making light-heart-ed jokes and tried being jocular, but you're always so damned serious and stone cold. Try using your keen intellect in a way other than besting, belittling and passive-aggressively insulting posters all the time, and lighten up just a little. Learn to accept others who have different mannerism's and thought processes than you do, and don't always expect posters to respond and act as you yourself might.

Hell, I know I have flaws since I'm only human. It's just super obnoxious to follow people around, knit-pick and point out things that aren't perfect. Sometimes people just speak in general about things and don't really care if what was said is exactly 100% accurate and so-on. It's perfectly acceptable to just have a thought about something, type it out and post it regardless if true or not. Who cares? Comments and thoughts on this forum are not government testimony or written law.

Bigboi500

This is an open forum so while you can post whatever you want, expect a rebuttal, especially when what you write can be verified as factually incorrect on Google in less than a minute.

And again, I'm attacking what you write, not you personally. Plenty of people on this forum, most of them members far longer than you, have no problem with me and do just fine holding their own in discussions and debates. By contrast, you whine incessantly when I attack your arguments, as if to do so is some manner of violation, suggesting you should either grow a thicker skin or avoid public forums entirely.

And most of the people who feel insulted when I rebut their arguments do so because they feel genuine shame or anger at having their tenuous, ill-conceived banter put under a more deliberate scrutiny. Frankly, I found what you wrote overtly offensive, as you basically slandered not only those who make software but you are also deriding many of us who play it. You climbed up in an ivory tower and now you muster the audacity to claim I'm the one with the problem?

You are also delusional if you think I am stalking you. I have responded to a number of posts you have written because frankly, you are consistently wrong. If being in that perpetual state of ignorance is pleasing to you god-speed but do not assume others will sit idly by and allow you to write whatever you want without seeking some manner of rebuttal. I'm not here to support your arguments or allow you to spread your wings like a unique little butterfly. You've written some very inflammatory things and either be willing to respond to criticisms of your arguments intelligently or quit wasting my time.

Phantom_Leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Phantom_Leo

Great! Now that that's settled, let's get back to the business at hand:

dragons-crown-sorceress-walking-animatio

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 JML897

Secondly, your breakdown of gamer demographics is far too simplistic to be an effective substantiation of your argument. I did some of my own digging and according to the Entertainment Software Association's 2012 report on the state of the industry, females now represent 47% of the gaming populace.

Grammaton-Cleric

This is a really vague and probably misleading statistic. It seems like that study would even count my 75-year-old grandma as a gamer because she casually plays Angry Birds on her phone and Bejeweled on the computer.

SciFiCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 SciFiCat
Member since 2006 • 1750 Posts
What I find offensive is that some individuals are willing to undermine and belittle the artistic achievements on Dragon's Crown absolute visual tour de force by distilling the entire game as "only "a pair of jiggling breasts without looking at everything else this game has to offer.
UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#131 UpInFlames
Member since 2004 • 13301 Posts

[QUOTE="Grammaton-Cleric"]

Secondly, your breakdown of gamer demographics is far too simplistic to be an effective substantiation of your argument. I did some of my own digging and according to the Entertainment Software Association's 2012 report on the state of the industry, females now represent 47% of the gaming populace.

JML897

This is a really vague and probably misleading statistic. It seems like that study would even count my 75-year-old grandma as a gamer because she casually plays Angry Birds on her phone and Bejeweled on the computer.

And? Are those not games?

capaho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 capaho
[QUOTE="iDefinition"] If they "prostitute themselves" knowingly, then how it is exploitation? Even then, what's so sad about it?

We're talking about teenagers here, minors. Where is your common sense? There is a reason why minors are not considered to have the capacity to make reasoned decisions about complex matters, it's that they haven't yet reached a state of emotional and intellectual maturity sufficient to fully comprehend the ramifications of making a decision such as whether or not to become a prostitute. They leave themselves open to exploitation by unscrupulous adults. Adolescents aren't ready to deal with the emotional baggage adults bring to sexual encounters, not to mention the risk of disease and physical abuse. That's the reason why responsible adults in civil societies strive to protect minors from exploitation and abuse. You really needed to have that explained to you?
Phantom_Leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Phantom_Leo

What I find offensive is that some individuals are willing to undermine and belittle the artistic achievements on Dragon's Crown absolute visual tour de force by distilling the entire game as "only "a pair of jiggling breasts without looking at everything else this game has to offer.SciFiCat

I just hope the actual game PLAYS as good as they look!

:o  :oops:

...IT looks...

...IT...

...I meant IT!

:P

capaho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 capaho

My point is...unsubstantial drivel bereft of even the slightest hint of logic.

Grammaton-Cleric
You frequently come across as not having accurately understood the comment you have replied to.
capaho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 capaho

Firstly, who ever claimed she was a teenager?

But of course you are correct, the sexual exploitation of entirely fictional, hand-drawn women is something that must end.

We must also strive for equality as it pertains to men so the next medieval-themed hack-n-slash cannot have muscular, handsome men with washboard abs waylaying enemies.

Perhaps olive-colored oversized T-shirts for everyone?

Bone-dry of course.

Grammaton-Cleric
This is a perfect example of you not accurately understanding the comment you replied to. Go back to my original comment that resulted in that series of replies and see if you can figure it out.
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#136 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

[QUOTE="capaho"]

It looks perfectly appropriate for the gaming industry's prized market demographic of drooling white males with adolescent hot chick fantasies.

Ricardo41

This. And then we wonder why so few people take games and gamers seriously.

Getting tired of thinking that gaming is the only medium that sexualizes women. 

sofia-vergara-machete-kills-poster.png

slide_192728_394018_large.jpg?1317926050

Come on... sex is everywhere, not just in video games.  

capaho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 capaho
What I find offensive is that some individuals are willing to undermine and belittle the artistic achievements on Dragon's Crown absolute visual tour de force by distilling the entire game as "only "a pair of jiggling breasts without looking at everything else this game has to offer.SciFiCat
I doubt that the target audience for that kind of graphic can comprehend anything else once presented with a pair of jiggling breasts.
capaho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 capaho

Getting tired of thinking that gaming is the only medium that sexualizes women. 

JustPlainLucas
Gaming isn't the only medium that objectifies women, I don't think anyone here is saying that. My issue, specifically, is that the gaming industry has made almost no effort to be more inclusive by taking into account the diversity and humanity of the gamers themselves in the design of game characters as well as the stories. The rest of the entertainment industry is way ahead of gaming in that regard.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 JML897

[QUOTE="JML897"]

[QUOTE="Grammaton-Cleric"]

UpInFlames

And? Are those not games?

I would prefer to see the gender breakdown for people who play video games for (x) hours a week. That study (at least on that page; I read the PDF too) just kinda said "53% male, 47% female" and then didn't go deeper into the gender breakdown. I found the study to be very barebones and I would've preferred it to be more detailed.

When it comes to relevance in this thread, grammatron and bigboi were discussing what types of people are being marketed to with these types of games. Clearly the person who plays let's say 5-10 hours of games a week is more likely to buy games in the future than someone who just plays Angry Birds while trying to kill some time in the doctor's office. That's why I'd like to see a breakdown of "dedicated" gamers. I would also like to see a console-by-console gender breakdown - 360, ps3, wii, smartphone, pc, facebook games, etc.

I mean, that study said that only 46% of gamers planned on buying one game or more in 2012. That leads me to believe that the study was defining "gamer" pretty loosely. For the record, I'm not necessarily disputing that 53% male 47% female statistic. I just want more details behind it.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#140 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

Gaming isn't the only medium that objectifies women, I don't think anyone here is saying that. My issue, specifically, is that the gaming industry has made almost no effort to be more inclusive by taking into account the diversity and humanity of the gamers themselves in the design of game characters as well as the stories. The rest of the entertainment industry is way ahead of gaming in that regard.capaho
Regardless of the few games that are pushing diversity forward, it's unfair to think that the gaming industry needs to level itself out overnight. It's still in its infancy when compared to movies and most certainly novels. When the audience is ready for it, the gaming industry will truly mature. However, people need to stop acting in shock whenever they see a pair of breasts in a video game, focusing only on those pair of breasts and forgetting everything else other video games do.

capaho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 capaho

Regardless of the few games that are pushing diversity forward, it's unfair to think that the gaming industry needs to level itself out overnight. It's still in its infancy when compared to movies and most certainly novels. When the audience is ready for it, the gaming industry will truly mature. However, people need to stop acting in shock whenever they see a pair of breasts in a video game, focusing only on those pair of breasts and forgetting everything else other video games do.

JustPlainLucas
The gaming industry isn't in its infancy, it's been around for two decades or more, depending on where you start counting from. There's no excuse for the lack of sensitivity to diversity in games anymore. Then again, I suppose the game developers don't want to run afoul of the lack of sensitivity in their target demographic. Hey, get a load of those jiggling breasts!
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 JML897

Don't you think the game is undermining itself?

The game might be f*cking great. I have no idea because I know nothing about it. But to go back to JPL bringing up movies - when I see something like Sofia Vergara's boob cannons on the poster for Machete 2, I think "this is clearly a b-movie without much artistic value". I think something similar when I see a game where the developers create a character with ridiculously huge bouncing boobs while wearing barely any clothing to cover them up. As I said earlier, I don't think it's "offensive" but I just think it's tacky.

It's just like:
*sticks giant distracting breasts in your face*
"HEY, WHY AREN'T YOU PAYING ATTENTION TO THE GAME'S OTHER ARTISTIC ACHIEVEMENTS?"

Buckhannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Buckhannah
Member since 2013 • 715 Posts
I for one, think we need more jiggling breasts in games. Tomonobu Itagaki was ahead of his time.
capaho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 capaho
[QUOTE="JML897"]Don't you think the game is undermining itself? The game might be f*cking great. I have no idea because I know nothing about it. But to go back to JPL bringing up movies - when I see something like Sofia Vergara's boob cannons on the poster for Machete 2, I think "this is clearly a b-movie without much artistic value". I think something similar when I see a game where the developers create a character with ridiculously huge bouncing boobs while wearing barely any clothing to cover them up. As I said earlier, I don't think it's "offensive" but I just think it's tacky.

If I'm not mistaken, the Machete series movies are actually satire. They're mocking the target audience for that type of imagery.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 JML897
[QUOTE="capaho"][QUOTE="JML897"]Don't you think the game is undermining itself? The game might be f*cking great. I have no idea because I know nothing about it. But to go back to JPL bringing up movies - when I see something like Sofia Vergara's boob cannons on the poster for Machete 2, I think "this is clearly a b-movie without much artistic value". I think something similar when I see a game where the developers create a character with ridiculously huge bouncing boobs while wearing barely any clothing to cover them up. As I said earlier, I don't think it's "offensive" but I just think it's tacky.

If I'm not mistaken, the Machete series movies are actually satire. They're mocking the target audience for that type of imagery.

Yeah I realize what the Machete movies are, but they're clearly still going for ridiculousness and a b-movie-ness. Machete is not an art film.
Phantom_Leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Phantom_Leo

Hey. Let's address the whole: This is a perfect example of exaggerated JAPANESE character design for a moment. Shall we?

255-1.jpg

260-1.jpg

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#147 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

I'm not offended I just find it rather try hard.

Phantom_Leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Phantom_Leo

dragons-crown-ps3-vita-screenshots-4.jpg

Oh crap. There's a Squid monster.

Tentacles.

This won't end well.

twentymooseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#149 twentymooseman
Member since 2007 • 344 Posts

Not really offensive. My reaction is more "really, we're still doing this? we're still making a big deal about breasts and plastering them all over games to get sales? Jesus Christ, it's a woman, they comprise literally half of the human population, you'd think we'd be past this by now. If you want to get sexually aroused by a woman with massive breasts, there are millions of pictures and videos on the internet, seriously, you don't have to buy a game for this."

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#150 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

This.

That happens with other games as well. Really too bad that DOA is famous more for the breasts of various characters instead of the top tier fighting mechanics it presents.